Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beauty UK: Eye Prime FX in Beige

Hi guys...

Today, I'll be sharing my first ever eyeshadow primer - Beauty UK: Eye Prime FX (P212.99 sale price) but original price is P250.00 per 9ml tube. This is my first experience on putting eyeshadow primer because I initially wanted to show up my eyeshadow colors more and make it last longer. While purchasing some stuff from Carmen Claire, I browsed upon this primer and immediately bought it without further thinking and reading any article regarding its reviews. Did I regret buying this primer??? Yes and No!!! Here's why...
The packaging: the very usual white and black plastic tube which is not interesting at all. 
According to the site, Beauty UK: Eye Prime FX is...
An innovative and practical solution to longer lasting and vibrant eye makeup.
The tinted formula glides on easily and provides a neutral undercoat for your favourite eye shadow!
Enables enhanced longevity for your eye makeup. Presented in a convenient, handbag friendly bottle with an easy to use dip wand applicator.
 
The tube comes with a dip wand applicator that allows accurate application of the product to the eyes so no more messy fingers.
Swatches: Above picture shows the tinted primer (beige color). Below picture is the blended one.
Swatches: Left side picture shows Urban Decay Ammo Eyeshadow Palette without primer while the right side is with the primer. It shows no difference at all!

What I like about the product:
1. it has a lightweight formula
2. the tinted primer glides on smoothly when applied
3. does not crease nor settle into lines
4. budget friendly price (you get what you paid for)
5. provides longer lasting eyeshadows
6. a little product comes a long way

What I don't like about the product:
1.
dries into a matte finish and sometimes gives me a white cast
2. it takes a few minutes to dry
3. it has a scent that I don't really like
4. the packaging is not interesting at all
5. it did not bring out my eyeshadow colors vibrantly as if having a primer and no primer is the same or perhaps my Urban Decay Ammo Palette is way too pigmented that using a primer isn't necessary at all.
6. only one shade available

Will I repurchase?
No, I would like to try another brand.

My lesson is that never to buy impulsively, read reviews and look for better options. Till my next post!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment